United Way of Greater Newark (UWGN), a steadfast pillar in the community for a century, is pleased to invite organizations to participate in its latest initiative to enrich Newark’s youth’s lives: Accelerating Newark Out-of-School Time Experiences. The Request for Proposals targets Newark-based Out-Of-School time (OST) programs providing high-quality, out-of-school time activities. Five Newark-based organizations engaging teens and youth will receive grants of up to $10,000 to support and enhance programming in the STEM, literacy, arts, athletics, and urban farming/agriculture areas.
Proposals must be submitted by Sept. 15, 2023, at 5 p.m. to:
President and CEO
United Way of Greater Newark
UWGN recognizes the importance of quality educational resources and services outside of traditional school hours. The goal of Newark Thrives!, a pioneering initiative under the umbrella of United Way of Greater Newark, is to enhance access to and engagement in high-quality out-of-school time opportunities for the youth of Newark. The vision of Newark Thrives! is to ensure that every child in Newark has the chance to grow, develop, and thrive by participating in high-quality experiences beyond the classroom.
Out-of-school time learning experiences play a pivotal role in bolstering the development of under-resourced youth. UWGN is committed to investing in programs that offer experiential learning, enriching subjects, and fostering skills that aid in the holistic growth of young individuals. Emphasizing areas such as STEM, literacy, arts, athletics, and urban farming/agriculture, UWGN aims to fund diverse and enriching opportunities for Newark’s youth.
United Way of Greater Newark is now inviting applications from organizations that share its vision for youth empowerment. Through the Accelerating Newark Out-of-School Time Experiences initiative, UWGN intends to award up to $10,000 grants to five selected organizations. These grants will enable organizations to provide exceptional out-of-school time programs that engage and inspire teens and youth.
Successful proposals will embody the following key components:
- Background: Establishing Roots for Impact
- Highlight the organization’s history, mission, and vision.
- Program Goals: Framing the Vision
- Define the mission, vision, and goals of the proposed program.
- Strategy: Serving the Community
- Specify the target population and detail how funding will be utilized to deliver experiential learning.
- Describe program ideas that transcend physical location, expanding access to experiential learning.
- Showcase the benefits of the program for the intended audience.
- Outcomes and Evaluation: Measuring Success
- Outline the intended outcomes and explain how they align with experiential learning priorities.
- Budget: Ensuring Viability
- Provide a comprehensive budget for the project plan.
Applicants are encouraged to submit additional documentation, including their organizational budget, 990 form, audited financial statements, list of Board of Directors, and 501(c)(3) tax ID letter.
For inquiries or clarifications, please contact:
UWGN is eager to collaborate with organizations that share its commitment to nurturing Newark’s youth through innovative and impactful out-of-school time experiences. By investing in these opportunities, United Way of Greater Newark continues to pave the way for a brighter future for the city’s young individuals.